Wednesday, April 11, 2007

First Post: Allow Me to Introduce Myself


So recently I've decided to abandon all previous attempts at blogs/online journals to start anew here. This is primarily because, for whatever reason, I no longer felt as though I could be entirely open and and candid in my entries. This lead me to believe that there was no longer an purpose to these blogs and so I stopped contributing to them entirely. At first I thought I might be able to go about my daily life as though I didn't need an outlet of this sort but I couldn't live in denial for too long. The reason I decided this would be a good place for a fresh start is that, for one thing, no one here knows who I am and I don't quite know anyone else here either. Plus, I love the clean cut and professional appearance this blog has to it. As for the title, "Prima Luce" literally means "at first light" or "dawn". Since this is a place of new beginnings, I figured this was a rather befitting title.

Anyway, for my first entry, I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Katrina, I'm 19 years old, and I live in Toronto, Canada:



Credit for the second picture goes here. Recently, I've become a resident of Waterloo, after enrolling myself at the University of Waterloo in September of 2006. I'm currently a student of mathematics and planning to major in actuarial science. I've been finding it hard to adjust to life in a new town, although Toronto is only about an hour and a half drive away. The hardest part for me was getting used to living on a university campus located in a city with a population of just over 100,000. I certainly prefer living in a thriving metropolis over a sleepy, yet somehow, research and development intensive town. Toronto is still my primary home, though. I do hope, however, that someday this will be my home:



New York City, that is, as the pictures don't make that too obvious. Or somewhere in Western Europe, like Stockholm or Zurich. Someday. Aside from mathematics, my interests mostly involve photography, reading, fashion, dance, and fitness. There's always something going on in my head, something I want to get out and share, but I'm not always sure who to share it with. Who would understand? Who would care to listen? Why would/should they care to listen? I'm not referring to the emotionally-charged ramblings of a miserable teen-ager going through a difficult time in life or anything of that sort. That isn't me and that isn't what this is about. This is mostly going to be my outlet for random, generally useless, observations, opinions, and the like. The anonymity is nice and comforting here, and also knowing that no one is going to stumble upon this blog with some sort of predetermined expectations that I should be concerned with.

No comments: