Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Exam-Time

I'm currently taking a break from studying for tomorrow's Microeconomics exam, which by the looks of it is going to be nothing short of hellish. As I was reading about Price Leadership and Quantity Leadership in an Oligopoly, though, the constant references made by my textbook to "the leader," got me giggling slightly as I had flashbacks of Homer Simpson running through my head. These flashbacks were mainly of him praising "the leader" and singing relevant songs along the lines of "leader, na, na, na, na, na, na, leader," in the episode where this alleged leader had created a new religion and was supposedly going to take the people of Springfield to a new planet, or something to that effect. It was nice to find something amusing in my textbook for a change.

On another note, recently, I've been seriously admiring some of the Absolut Vodka ads of the past. I've always been kind of interested in ads, in general, especially the ones I see in my monthly issue of Vogue, and Absolut makes a regular appearance, so I figured I'd look into some of their past advertising campaigns. They're brilliantly creative and original and I figured I'd share a couple that I found either through Absolut Ad or Absolut Ads. In particular, I adored the "places" theme, as well as some of the Tom Ford and Andy Warhol ones. Absolutely genius. I also adored the Absolut Hunk spoof for Sex and the City, that was quite fantastic. Here are some of my personal favorites:









These make me awfully nostalgic though, and I begin to miss not only Absolut Vodka but also St. Petersburg, Vienna and Prague. I wish they had done an Absolut Toronto or something but the best I could find was Absolut Canada, and it was rather interesting, actually. And now back to my readings of Microeconomic theory. More posts are definitely soon to come.

No comments: