Monday, April 16, 2007

Comments on the News

There seems to be plenty going on in the news lately:

US University Shooting Kills 33: I just find this all both tragic and horrifying. It just seems that gun violence is continuing to increase in the United States, and I'm not trying to lay the blame anywhere in particular but surely something can be done about this! This tragedy is also a reminder never to take life for granted; it is such a precious gift that can be lost at any given moment without so much as a signal or warning. Despite everything I can't help but be truly shocked by this event. The victims of this tragedy and their families are in my thoughts and my deepest condolences go out to everyone affected by this. Perhaps Hobbes was right after all?

German Army Condemns Racial Video: Well, this is just bizarre. I actually thought it was a joke at first, but you just can't be that naive can you? The German army seems to be dealing with plenty of problems recently.

No comments: